Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Bucket List

I am constantly thinking about the future and my plans. For me, high school was all about getting good grades to get into Iowa State. I didn't really focus much on the actual high school experience. It was simply a gateway to the next part of my journey.

Now at Iowa State, i'm once again thinking about what happens next. The future. My main goal is to get into vet school which is highly selective. So, as before, I need to get good grades. I hope that doesn't interfere with the college experience though. I plan on going to many Iowa State football and basketball games. I want to meet new people and make new friends. I hope to get a 4.0 gpa for my freshman year. I plan on balancing my time between friends, family, and school.

After I earn my D.V.M. from vet school I hope to open my own private practice as a small animal veterinarian. Caring for animals, especially pets like dogs, cats, and hamsters is my dream.

After that, my goals/bucket list gets a little more fuzzy. I know I would like to be married and have children and be the best dad I can be. One thing I know on my bucket list is I want to watch a football game on tv with my newborn son in my lap. I feel like that would be a great bonding moment.

I hope to travel the world when I get older. Italy, England, Denmark, Australia, and New Zealand are a few of the places I hope to one day say i've been.

The best thing though, will be experiencing things that weren't on my bucket list but were just as great; things I would never expect but still leave an impression on my life. Those things, I believe, define a person. And they will define me.

5 comments:

  1. It seems like you have some very good goals on your bucket list. I like how you said you would like to split up your time into three different areas this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. besides the career choice it seems we have a lot of the same goals. being a dad and watching football just seems to be what life is made for little moments like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like you know what you want out of your time at Iowa State. Your goals are strong and heartfelt ones. And I totally agree with your last paragraph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats awesome that you want to travel to those countries and open up your own practice. Good luck to you with that!

    ReplyDelete