Tuesday, September 27, 2011

MBTI

I've taken the MBTI a few times. The first time was in psychology class my senior year of high school. I scored ESFP which is the same as what I scored when I took the test for Hixson this summer.

I agree with my results. I would say I am an extraverted person. My surroundings and the people I interact with are where I draw my sources of energy. That's not to say I don't draw energy from my inner self as well; i do, just not to the extent of extraversion.

I also am a sensing person more than an intuitive one. I like facts a data. I like reality. I still like the intuitive aspects like theory, and fantasy and possibilities. I am this way when I think about my future after college with the possibilities and options. But at ISU, it is important to maintain that reality to get through college successfully.

I am a person who utilizes feeling more than thinking. I appreciate others values and I think of their opinions when considering my own. I like when others like me and agree with me. If someone disagrees with me, it makes me double-check my stance and decide whether or not it is correct.

Perceiving is the preference I most agree with. I definitely feel like I take a spontaneous approach to life. I always keep options open and like to try new things. I still like to get things done on time and be organized but overall the perceiving side wins out.

I enjoyed taking the MBTI. It gave me results that I can relate to and apply to my life. For each preference, I still agree with the other side. Those are important to have too but in the end, I would agree that I am an ESFP.

3 comments:

  1. My MBTI was ISFJ and we agree on many things right in the middle of our results by reading your post. Iike the fact like extraverted people like yourself have no problem striking up a conversation with just about anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great that you understand yourself and know why you "scored" how you did. It shows that you know the best way to accomplish your goals. It is also a good thing that you see the other side of things. This helps you to be a well rounded person in all aspects of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We both wrote similarly about how we posses traits of both types in some categories. I believe that it is important to understand that our personalities are more complex than a four letter code.

    ReplyDelete